Dear friends, Thank you for your calls, emails, non-stop social media efforts — everything! What you’ve done is amazing. We are eternally grateful for all you have done to get us to this place.
We wanted to give you an update on what’s happening with the campaign:
- We launched Save KPLU. It includes all the latest information and is frequently updated. You can pledge now at this site: http://www.kplu.org/save-kplu
- We have officially formed the nonprofit group organizing the effort. We are called “Friends of 88-5 FM.” The tax ID # is 81-1095651. We are in the process of organizing Friends of 88-5 FM as a 501c3 tax exempt organization. This process generally takes 3 to 4 months, and once it’s complete your gift will be tax deductible.
- Friends of 88-5 FM is registered with Washington State’s Charities Program as required by law and additional information is available by calling 1-800-332-4483 or visiting www.sos.wa.gov/charities. Its principal place of business is in Seattle. All checks and other donations to “Save KPLU” will go to Friends of 88-5 FM.
- We secured our legal team, it includes: the chair of KPLU’s Community Advisory Council, Stephen Tan; FCC counsel Ernest Sanchez, with The Sanchez Law Firm; nonprofit corporation counsel Joanna Boisen and Denny Wong, with the Foster Pepper law firm.
- We contracted with the Collins Group, the campaign firm we worked with to raise funds for the Neeb Center. They are assisting us in raising money.
- We appointed our Director of Content, Matt Martinez, project manager of the campaign. He will help us advance the many competing workflows that need to happen over the next 5-6 months.
Here is what’s coming: All of the governance and operational details, a strategic plan that articulates how we want to be an even more meaningful service to YOU as well as fundraising and community events.
We’ve heard from many of you who want to know how to help. We’ll have details soon about what you can do. In the meantime, please print this sign (http://bit.ly/KPLUsign) and put it in your car, your office, your neighborhood businesses and shops and share this page (http://www.kplu.org/save-kplu), with your friends and family!
We also invite you to share your ideas at email@example.com or 1-800-677-5758. Please continue to ask us questions, and if we don’t have the answers we will do our very best to get them to you!
Again, thank you! We are deeply grateful and truly humbled.