We have until April 15th to get halfway there! Thanks to everyone who has donated so far; we’re getting closer every day. And if you work for an employer that matches donations, then this is perfect time to give. Donate now at KPLU.org!
One of the most frequently asked questions at our community meetings is, “Will my donation tax be deductible?” We can now say, “Yes!” The IRS granted Friends of 88.5 FM tax-exempt status. This determination is retroactive, which means all donations made to the Save KPLU campaign are tax-deductible. This status also allows Friends of 88.5 FM to accept employer-matched gifts and gifts through donor-advised funds.
NEXT COMMUNITY MEETUP: BELLINGHAM
To all of our listeners who tune in on 88.7 in Bellingham: we’re looking forward to seeing you at our next community meeting! It starts at 2:30 p.m. at the Bellingham Public Library, Fairhaven Branch this Saturday, March 26th. General Manager Joey Cohn and the Save KPLU team will be there to give you the latest on the campaign, but we mostly want to hear from you. So please come spend some time with us; we’d love to meet you. Full details here. And you can find info about our Olympia Community Meeting on April 13th at this link.
FRIENDS OF 88.5 FM BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Friends of 88.5 FM is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization governed by an independent Board of Directors. There are currently five members: Joey Cohn, General Manager/CEO; Stephen Tan, President; Claire Grace, Vice President and Secretary; Keith Seinfeld, Director; Gayle McIntosh, Director. Friends of 88.5 FM is responsible for all governance including fiscal oversight, FCC compliance and policy decisions of the Save KPLU campaign. You can find biographies of the board from the FAQ page, or by clicking on this link to the Board of Directors page.
Thanks to everyone who came out to the Dragonfly Theater in Port Orchard last Saturday — we couldn’t fit everyone in! It was standing room only. We raised $5,000 — thanks for supporting local radio, and a local theater! (Their popcorn is excellent.)
For a full list of events, follow this link to the KPLU calendar page.
Some event highlights:
And get ready for an all-day Save KPLU event in Poulsbo on April 28th. (We suggest taking the day off and spending it with all your KPLU friends.) Just a sampling of what you can expect:
• KPLU on-air hosts Robin Lloyd, Mary McCann, Ashley Gross, Gabriel Spitzer and others will be there!
• Tizley’s Europub, The Loft at Latitude 47.7 and Sogno di Vino will be featuring special chefs or themed dinners, with varying amounts being donated to the Save KPLU campaign. Green Light Diner will be hosting a Family Fun Diner Night, 110 Lounge will be hosting an opening cocktail hour with jazz and Slippery Pig will be hosting a Blues Nitecap, with pints & live blues. Event start times will vary based on location, but the opening cocktail hour is scheduled for 5:00 p.m.
• Participating art galleries will host a Save KPLU Artwalk, featuring artists, wine tastings, secret dinner, raffles and more. This Artwalk will run from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
• Participating retailers will have in-store fundraisers, and will stay open late! Liberty Bay Books will be offering a free reusable tote filled with books for a donation of $10 or more, and this will be available all day until supplies are gone.
• EAG Sound will be hosting an acoustic jazz stage in the center of town from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Thanks for your support!
— Friends of 88.5 FM