We are coming down the homestretch! The campaign is approaching the $6 million mark! We are very close to reaching our $7 million goal, please help us get there by donating now at KPLU.org. Friends of 88.5 FM is grateful for your support.
Did you know that many employers will match your donation to Save KPLU? We received word this week that Boeing will now match employee contributions! If you’re unsure about matching, check with your HR department, or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to find out for you.
May is full of KPLU events, and you can find a complete list of what’s happening near you at the KPLU Calendar.
We’d like to remind you about “Sound Effect Live: A Friend In Need,” a benefit for Save KPLU: Wednesday, May 18th, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m., Town Hall, Seattle.
Sound Effect is KPLU’s weekend news and culture magazine. Host Gabriel Spitzer will present an evening of storytelling featuring numerous esteemed guests.
- Author Tom Robbins will read from his memoir about his days in community radio in the 1960s, and listen along with the audience to archived recordings of his broadcasts. A brief Q&A will follow. He’ll also autograph books after the event.
- Seattle photographer Tim Durkan will talk about the hidden side of Seattle and what has led him to dedicate himself to documenting it. He’ll share a series of his striking photos, chronicling the pretty and the gritty.
- Singer and songwriter Kimya Dawson will share personal reflections and a song or two.
- Seattle writer and critic Melanie McFarland will give a live storytelling performance.
- Skerik’s BANDALABRAA will perform. The group is the recipient of the Earshot Jazz Golden Ear Award for Alternative Jazz Group of the Year. Skerik’s BANDALABRA features Skerik on saxophone and three of Seattle’s most revered players: Andy Coe on guitar, Evan Flory-Barnes on upright bass and D’Vonne Lewis on drums.
Ticket are $25. Click here to buy. We hope to see you there!
Thanks for all your support to Save KPLU. We’re almost there.
— Friends of 88.5 FM