What a week! Thanks to your support, we passed the $6 million mark! And now a generous group of listeners and community businesses have pooled their resources to get this campaign to the finish line. Starting today, every dollar you pledge will be matched up to 500K! That means once we meet this match, the campaign is over!
You can help us get there by donating at our new website: SaveKPLU.org
Friends of 88.5 FM and Pacific Lutheran University agreed to separate all Save KPLU operations from the main KPLU website to make sure there is no confusion for listeners and donors. We worked together to make this happen, and we now have everything up and running at SaveKPLU.org. You can read a full explanation here.
As we near our goal, we feel this is a good time to remind all of our supporters of the extraordinary support provided by PLU to make this campaign a success. We’d like to thank the university for allowing Friends to use available on-air spots, at no charge, as well as the online payment processing platform for many months.
There are so many more Save KPLU events, which you can still find on the Calendar page.
Here are a few highlights:
- May 21: Auction at Sanford & Son Antiques and Auctions in Tacoma with all proceeds benefiting Save KPLU.
- May 21: Jazz concert at Urban Grace Church in Tacoma featuring Lance Buller, Pearl Django, vocalists Danny Quintero and Adriana Giordano, the Mt. Si High School Jazz Ensemble and more.
- May 23: See and hear how an episode of BirdNote is produced live and onstage at the Museum of Glass in Tacoma with writer Bob Sundstrom, and KPLU’s Mary McCann, John Kessler and Michael Stein.
- May 24: Save KPLU fundraiser with jazz bassist Phil Sparks and friends at the Latona Pub in Seattle.
- May 27: Tacoma Loves (and Saves) KPLU, an afternoon/evening of family-friendly fun at Tacoma’s Cheney Stadium with jazz from David Deacon-Joyner, Kareem Kandi and Tracy Knoop.
- May 27: Save KPLU in Victoria at Hermann’s Jazz Club featuring Tom Vickery and friends. Robin Lloyd will MC!
So much more on the calendar! We hope to see you at an event soon.
Thanks for supporting the Save KPLU campaign. We’re almost there.
— Friends of 88.5 FM